Tuesday, October 11, 2022

October 11--The BEST!

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. 
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Best day yet!" Long ago I read a story somewhere that a 90-something gentleman responded with that exclamation whenever he was asked how he was doing. Clearly that stuck with me. 
    Is it the best day of the year when a beloved sister-in-law passes? I expect it was, in fact, for her, even though not so for those of us remaining. Is my birthday the best day of the year? Christmas? The 4th of July? The third Wednesday of May? I note that I tend to put a lot of judgment on a day before it even starts, based on what I see on my calendar--is it stuff I look forward to or dread? And why do I have those sentiments? "Best day yet" seems to be a much more promising attitude.
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment