Wednesday, October 12, 2022

October 12--Another Birthday Already?!!?

Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.   --Jean Paul

    I have an October birthday, and that feather is coming up in less than a week. Between grieving my sister-in-law and uncertainties about the future, my birthday feels kind of irrelevant this year. 
    Recently a friend said that her mother makes her father's favorite cake and takes it to the senior center to share in honor of her deceased husband. So I asked my husband where he'll be taking a carrot cake to celebrate after I'm gone. That got a big laugh. That is, however, an annual birthday treat for myself--a big slice of carrot cake. Note that I don't get a whole cake, because I would eat it all. One piece is enough. As fast as birthdays come around, I don't spend much time dreaming of my birthday treat. 
    Mmmmmmm...cream cheese frosting!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment