Friday, October 14, 2022

October 14--Dance or Not

We can choose to hate the rain or dance in it.  --Joan Marques

    I live in an area where we rarely hate rain; mostly we badly need it. We are more inclined to dance in it unless there is lightning, which is often the case. 
    But that's not really the point of the quote. My parenting words are haunting me right now. I used to tell the sons that even though they had a must-do chore, they always had a choice--they could do the chore with a good attitude or a bad attitude. I recently had a must-do that I am very opposed to, and I did it with a bad attitude. I cannot muster any good feelings about the event. So I'm "hating the rain" on that one. 
    Control is the issue here. We can't control the weather, so we can enjoy it or not. We can't control other people, so we can accept them as they are or not. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do, so we can do so pleasantly or not. Being human, sometimes I'm into "not." 
    Today I feel like dancing,
        Leta

My golf ball collection reminds me to "dance."

No comments:

Post a Comment