Sunday, October 23, 2022

October 23--"In Living Color"

One should absorb the color of life, but one should never remember its details. 
--Oscar Wilde

    I've read that after one dies, there is a full life review. I certainly don't know if that's true, or even if it's a good thing, but I surely would be surprised to see the many things ("details") I have forgotten!
    I think of our recent hike around Dowdy Lake in Colorado. The nearly-cloudless sky was brilliant blue. The aspen leaves were vibrant yellow. The water was crystal clear, the huge rocks, gray, the fall vegetation, dusty brown, and we were surrounded by evergreen. 
    Imagine the picture below from that hike without color. The details would still be there, but it would be nothing without the color!
        Leta

Dowdy Lake, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment