Friday, October 7, 2022

October 7--In the Garden

If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden. 
--Frances Hodgson Burnett

    Silly me. I read this as "you can see the whole world IN a garden." So I'm sticking with that...
    How about "the good, the bad, and the ugly?" The "good" is the plants we want there. The "bad" is the weeds. The "ugly" is trash (found after a long, windy winter) or storm damage or dead plants that didn't make it. 
    We see beauty in a garden. We see cooperation--bees pollinating flowers. We see competition for water and nutrients among plants. We see divine order--a tomato seed becomes a tomato plant and an acorn becomes an oak tree, and our Earth Mother nurtures it all. We see perfection--a perfect rose bloom. We see imperfection--rarely will you see a garden without some weeds. 
    Over, above and through it all is mystery, the infinite ways our glorious planet sustains all life on herself.
    My 2,000 mile journey is complete, and I'm so glad to be home!
    And yes, the whole world IS a garden!
        Leta

My woman-cave window garden

No comments:

Post a Comment