Thursday, October 6, 2022

October 6--Home, Here I Come!

There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out. 
--Lou Reed

    Having just experienced a huge loss in our family, I'm having a hard time with it "evening things out." A magical woman has left us, and there is a gaping hole in our hearts. 
    Yesterday I completed the 600-mile part of my trek home. This section going west was, for some unknown reason, easier than it was going east. My in-laws graciously welcomed me. I took a two-mile walk to move my sitting-all-day-in-the-car body, then enjoyed a lovely supper prepared by my mother-in-law. After a hot shower, I enjoyed a much-needed nine hours of sleep.
    Homeward bound, only 400 miles today!
        Leta

Along an Ohio Hike-Bike Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment