Saturday, October 1, 2022

October 1--Perspective

Oh, how I regret not having worn a bikini for the entire year I was twenty-six. If anyone young is reading this, go, right this minute, put on a bikini, and don't take it off until you're thirty-four.  --Nora Ephron

    October's theme is perspective. We all see things differently. Mostly that's a good thing, except for maybe religion and politics. 
    I'll let you do as you will with Ms. Ephron's quote. I'm thinking I might replace "worn a bikini" with "traveled around Europe" or something similar. 
    I had an excellent day with my brother yesterday. We went golfing. I played, and he rode in the cart with me. Being the sweetie he is, he did not laugh at me much. His health prevents him from golfing, and it's one of the things he misses the most. I miss golfing with him, and so it was a treat to have him with me. After we squeezed in a short nap, we paid a visit to the assisted living center where he will be moving. I could write many paragraphs on that adventure. Suffice it to say that it is a great place, the people were super, and I believe he will adapt quite well. Most important, he will be much safer there. 
    Then my niece and I met friends at a local brew pub and spent the evening over beers, pizza and cards. I was reminded how to play Euchre, which I really enjoy. It was an outstanding mental break from grief to catch up with these folks and laugh a LOT. 
    Below is a sign in my niece's bathroom. Let's live by it. 
        Leta 


No comments:

Post a Comment