Monday, October 17, 2022

October 17--I'll Take Open with a Clear View

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. 
--Helen Keller

    My faith is telling me that there are open doors awaiting me, but I feel that I can't see them at the moment. 
    One of my biggest challenges in life is letting go of my sons. This process has been going on for nearly two decades (yes, I said decades!!), and I expect it will continue till the day I die. Letting them go while still loving them intensely and wanting to be with them is no small challenge for me. On the Colorado visit just completed, we barely saw our younger son due to his work schedule. At the time he said he could meet us, he didn't show due to resting up for later work. So it was a legitimate excuse, but it hurts nonetheless. This is not uncommon behavior for him which I should be used to by now, and able to easily overlook. 
    Our older son now has a wife and a two-month old son (my grandson!!!) which has completely changed his focus in life, as it should. We are all figuring out this new arrangement, and what is a comfortable level of being together. The pessimist in me feels "doors closing"... will I ever get to golf with my son again? Will we be able to truly know our grandson living so far away? 
    Staying focused on "open,"
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment