Friday, October 28, 2022

October 28--Why Not?

A little perspective, like a little humor, goes a long way.  --Allen Klein

    I'm in a Comfort Inn near Wheeling, West Virginia. Yesterday's 600-mile drive was fairly uneventful. I'm disappointed in that most of the brilliant fall color of this area is on the ground. Not many leaves left on the trees. But the weather is lovely, and I am grateful for that. 
    When I tell folks about taking off on a trip such as this one, the first response I usually get is "By yourself?!?!" I do sometimes reflect that my long driving trips are a little nuts, but a) family events are important to me; b) I can't accomplish what I want by flying; c) we bought a new vehicle to make these trips safer and more comfortable and most importantly, d) why not!?!!--I am perfectly capable, and up to 600 miles is doable because I've done it often going to/from Colorado to see our kids. 
    Here's a recommendation for an excellent 6-hour audiobook: Handling Your Fire...Passion, Burnout, Routines and Resilience by Rob Bell. I'm in the midst of figuring out what I want to do in life (after tax work), and this gave me some very different perspective on where I'm at and where I want to head. 
    Actually, I'm headed to southeastern PA today, only ~300 miles. Easy day with family fun at the end!
        Leta

Ted Bear, my copilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment