Tuesday, October 4, 2022

October 4--A Multi-Colored Life

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. 
--Dolly Parton

    Yesterday the family members who were available met with the minister who is officiating at Sue's memorial service. He wanted to get a "picture" of Sue before the event. Present were Sue's husband of 61+ years, daughter, sons, sister-in-law (me), and daughter-in-law. Being the writer I am, I had jotted down a few of my special memories of Sue. I'll share those here sometime soon.
    I went out and purchased daisies, Sue's favorite flowers, to create an arrangement for the service. Then my niece and I went for a walk on the nearby trail where I cut wildflowers and greenery to mix with the daisies. Below is the result, my creativity a tribute to Sue's, which was awesome.     
    Other family events of the day included a Handel's ice cream adventure and a pizza party and gab session in the evening. I had the joy of driving to the Cleveland Airport to retrieve a great-nephew away on a business trip. I hadn't seen him in quite some time, so it was fun to catch up. He's out of college and a working man now. 
    A friend gave me this C. S. Lewis quote: To know the grief now is because we knew the love then.
    We have known great love!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment