Thursday, October 20, 2022

October 20--Big Truth

Life itself is a gift.  --Daphne Rose Kingma

    Amen! I don't know how much I can add to that. But I'll give it a shot...
    I had a lovely birthday this week. I was blessed with lots of cards, calls, texts, and well-wishes--I was even serenaded via voicemail. Both sons remembered. My longest-time friend since 7th grade in PA called. We have been friends for 55 years! I swam and had a pedicure and a haircut. I had ice cream AND carrot cake. (And I'm ready to return to my much healthier diet!) I feel far better at 67 than I would have ever thought possible. 
    One of my birthday treats was a new photo of my grandson. He is the perfect gift of life, and I get to watch that precious new human grow, explore and learn. I can't think of a greater gift. 
        Leta
 
Huntingdon High School,
Class of 1973

No comments:

Post a Comment