Monday, October 3, 2022

October 3--Imagination

Some people could look at a mud puddle and see an ocean with ships. 
--Zora Neale Hurston

    I started yesterday (Sunday) with a two-mile walk on the Hike-Bike Trail near my niece's home. After walking a quarter-mile on the lovely wooded trail, I realized that all I was seeing was the paved path. Grief has a way of hunching me over and narrowing my view. In reference to the quote, I was in the mud. "Look up!" I told myself. Below are some photos of the beauty I saw once I entered "ocean with ships" mode. 
    Family gathered at my brother's house for the Browns-Falcons football game. It was so fun to reunite with some relatives that I had not seen in a few years. Alas, the Browns lost, and although we all ate a lot, it seems we barely made a dent in the generous food donations. After the game, it was naptime (though my brother got to that earlier). 😉 My niece and I enjoyed a late afternoon walk, then gabbed for hours over snacks and cocktails. Words cannot express how much I love her and love being with her! So while we are all grieving, the ocean is full of ships!
    Look up!
        Leta





No comments:

Post a Comment