Friday, September 30, 2022

September 30--Let This Shipwreck END!!

Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.  --Voltaire

    What a way to end the month that has been a shipwreck. It has certainly been a test of faith (September's theme). But now that I am safely in Ohio, I'm starting to "sing in the lifeboat." 
    I spent last evening with my brother, looking at photos, asking questions, and enjoying stories of his and Sue's early life together. It was fun and enlightening. I was reminded looking through their wedding album that I was the flower girl at their wedding. I was five years old, adorable, and I don't remember one second of it. Needless to say, after Sue's sudden passing, every moment with my brother is extra-double-super precious. 
    More to come,
        Leta
The flower girl and
the beautiful bride

No comments:

Post a Comment