Sunday, September 5, 2021

September 5--What is Success?

Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable. 
--Coco Chanel  

    If even the slightest possibility of failure kept us from doing things, we would never get anything accomplished. Enthusiasm, persistence and faith have carried humans through and beyond an extraordinary number of potential failures.  
    I am pondering "success." There is the huge and visible success that Ms. Chanel created. Entrepreneurs and inventors have made our lives richer and more productive with technology and products that most of us would never have considered. How many times have you said, "I wish I would have invented that!"? (Velcro, post-it notes, etc). I wrote my first book preventing myself from considering failure, and likewise for the second book. To me, it is a success that I actually wrote and created finished products that one could hold, read and use. Financially, both were big failures. But here I am, still writing. Our only hope for success is to keep after it, whatever "it" is.
    Today I drive with Barney to Colorado for another week of fun and chilling with my kids. Guaranteed success there!
        Leta
"The Success Iceberg"


No comments:

Post a Comment