Saturday, September 11, 2021

September 11--Time Flies...

Pleasure and action make the hours seem short.  --William Shakespeare

    "Do what you love, love what you do." That is the "Life Is Good" clothing brand slogan, an excellent motto to live by. LIG is my favorite clothing. This multi-million dollar company began in 1994 by two guys selling t-shirts out of a van in the Boston area. I expect the motto still holds true for them after years of growth and success. 
    Playing golf with my sons is the best-est, most wonderful, joyful-est, silliest, love-filled activity in my life. Four hours with them on the golf course flies by like an instant. 
    Then there is boredom. We all experience it on occasion. If I'm bored, there is a good chance I'm not moving. As Shakespeare indicates, if I get moving somehow, that takes care of the boredom. 
    We all have things we love to do. Do you do them? Or do you live in "it would be nice to ________, but I don't have time." If we are truly doing what we love, time becomes irrelevant. Experiencing pleasure affects time in magical ways. 
    Being a person dedicated to the hobby of napping, I consider taking a nap a very pleasurable action, and yes, that nap hour is a short one!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment