Friday, September 17, 2021

September 17--We are Capable

What one has to do usually can be done.  --Eleanor Roosevelt

    Given my disdain for it, the first thing that comes to mind regarding this quote is house-cleaning. I can do it. If I push myself just a bit, I can muster up some gratitude for the fact that I am still physically able to do it. 
    There are plenty of unpleasant things in life that we just get through--medical treatments, taxes, conflicts, unsatisfying work situations, weather too hot, weather too cold, car and appliance breakdowns--this list could get quite long. I note, however, that one person's drudgery could be another's delight--clothes shopping comes to mind. Exercising is another example. Just as the full gamut of emotions is necessary to be a well-rounded human, the whole spectrum of life activities, from joyful to dreadful, enriches one's life. 
    Yes, it does feel really good to have a clean house!
        Leta

Trust me, I'm not this organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment