Saturday, September 18, 2021

September 18--We Can Do Better

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.  --Henry Ford

    Although the Ford Motor Company is quite the empire today, I'm fairly certain that Henry had multiple opportunities when starting the company to "begin again more intelligently." 
    A multitude of dieting failures and inability to get a handle on my eating behaviors finally led me to a 12-Step program, where literally life began anew for me in a much more intelligent fashion. My failure to adapt to a pastor change (among other things) caused me to leave my church office job and be self-employed with a flexible schedule and variety of work that I truly love. Other than these instances, I don't feel like I've had huge failures in life. But I've had plenty of "Well, that didn't work so well. What do I do differently next time?" If we stopped whenever we hit a failure, life would quickly be a dead end. We humans are not wired that way, thank goodness! 
    Happy Saturday!
        Leta
1896 Ford Quadricycle Runabout, 
1st car built by Henry Ford 

Fully electric 2022 Ford Mustang


No comments:

Post a Comment