Wednesday, September 1, 2021

September 1--September = Purpose

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.  --Samuel Beckett

    September's theme in "Daily Joy" is PURPOSE. 
    Speaking of joy, I have returned to my much-missed Friday morning ritual of going to estate sales. It is treasure-hunting at its finest. Sometimes I find nothing of interest and other times I hit the jackpot. Last Friday was a jackpot day, which literally included joy. I found a throw rug in my favorite color (red) with JOY in big letters in the center. I expect it would be considered Christmas-y, but "joy" is my word, so into my bathroom it went. It makes me smile. 
    Life is like estate sales--keep showing up, and you never know what you'll find. I've been to a few sales where I didn't even go inside because the house looked and smelled so gross. I've been to huge, lavish homes, the exploration of such being a treasure all its own. Life is like that--yuck moments, "mountain-top" experiences, bummers, wins. We keep at it. The drive to live out a life of joy, expansion and freedom is profound and potent. I love that about us humans!
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment