Saturday, September 4, 2021

September 4--"Surrender" is not a dirty word.

Dream big--dream very big. Work hard--work very hard. And after you've done all you can, you stand, wait, and fully surrender.  --Oprah Winfrey

    We have to do our part, do the footwork, accomplish the "baby steps" without forcing. Along with that, we recognize that Something Bigger has our backs and It is supporting us and orchestrating "behind the scenes." A simple example... I have decided that I want to lead an online book study this fall. Therefore, I need a suitable interesting book. I bought one possibility, and within a week, friends offered me two other great options without my even asking. I love synchronicity!
    I was given an interesting look at surrender earlier this week talking with some recovering addict friends. Addicts have to learn to surrender their substance of choice if they want to recover. Surrender can be quite challenging for folks whose lives have depended on a (false) sense of control. The point was made that we had already surrendered our lives to the substance of choice, so we know how to do it. We just need to surrender to a Higher Power rather than to the substance. Huh! I've learned my HP is infinitely more dependable than a box of Thin Mints. 
    Let's have some bumper sticker humor... "A dog is the only relative you can choose." 
    Dreaming, working, surrendering, loving life,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment