Thursday, September 16, 2021

September 16--Woohoo!!!

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.  --Ralph Waldo Emerson

    I have seen this quote many times, and it always makes me smile. I'm a fairly mediocre golfer, but my mantra is "My enthusiasm makes up for my lack of skill." And so it is--enthusiasm is a powerful force. It keeps me golfing even though I may never break 100 (I said I was mediocre!!!). 
    What keeps us going other than enthusiasm? I expect many of us have known a dear one to transition when he or she just couldn't muster the enthusiasm to keep fighting for life. I get that. 
    Enthusiasm carries us through tough times. One of my favorite children's books is "The Little Engine That Could." How's that for enthusiasm!?!?! We take one more step, even though we can't see the destination. We have faith. We know Something Bigger has our backs. We have hope that whatever the obstacles may be, they shall resolve or pass. We persevere. It's the innate human spirit that continually reaches enthusiastically for more. 
    Psyched for today,
        Leta    



No comments:

Post a Comment