Tuesday, September 28, 2021

September 28--Staying Psyched for Life

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. 
--Sir Winston Churchill

    One of the emotions that has been most challenging for me to deal with is disappointment. On the flip side, for me the most valuable human quality is reliability, following through with one's commitments. I grew up in an unreliable environment which led to a lot of disappointment. That leads to life-long recovery work. 
    I've learned to handle disappointments relative to others pretty much. It's the disappointments in myself that are so troubling. I feel that I come up with good ideas and services, but they don't measure up to my view of success, so once again, I'm disappointed. 
    (Side note: I was MAJOR disappointed in my golf performance this past weekend. However, I love golf so much that I can go back to it without loss of enthusiasm. Golf is a good sport in that regard.)
    Fortunately I somehow, being a human, have a lot of resilience and an ongoing need to be useful in life. So despite my disappointments, I've been able to continue trying new things, learning, and expanding. That's a good life. 
        Leta

The practice green overlooking lovely Lake Ponca, 
Wentz Golf Course



No comments:

Post a Comment