Thursday, June 8, 2023

June 8--To the Beach!!

Be fully in the moment, open yourself to the powerful energies dancing around you.  --Ernest Hemingway

    Preparations were in full swing yesterday, for today is the day we head to the beach after my niece finishes her school year. It will be a late afternoon/evening drive, but we are determined to awaken tomorrow in Ocean City, Maryland. 
    I had "powerful energies" of recovery around me yesterday as I attended a 12-step meeting with my brother. No matter the addictive substance or activity of choice, the stories of recovery are always inspiring to me. The dramatic personal change required to beat an addiction, one day at a time, is not for the faint of heart. I was heartily and graciously welcomed into a group where many members have known my brother for decades. 
    After the meeting, my sib and I rolled on over to Handel's, my favorite Ohio ice cream shop. It was a perfect day to sit in the sunshine and eat excellent ice cream. My brother even treated. 😉😉 
    More to come from beach-side!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment