Friday, June 23, 2023

June 23--Integrity and Kindness--Wouldn't That Be Nice!

Perhaps the most "spiritual" thing any of us can do is simply to look through our own eyes, see with eyes of wholeness, and act with integrity and kindness. 
--Jon Kabat-Zinn

    If you pay attention to the news nowadays, you're likely seeing more deceit and greed rather than integrity and kindness. Alas, I observe this to be especially true among those who boast about being Christian. Note recently the ouster of two churches from the Southern Baptist Convention because those two churches have female pastors, prohibited by the SBC Constitution. There is also the seemingly endless harassment of LGBTQ+ persons. A huge denomination, the United Methodist Church, has split over this very issue. And it appears nothing can be done to stop mass shootings. Yes, a huge dose of integrity and kindness is needed!
    I live in Kansas, a state where anti-women, anti-LGBTQ+, and gun rights are alive, well and thriving. It is disgusting. My vote rarely counts, but I will keep voting. I must do my best to live with integrity and kindness on a daily basis and let the rest go. 
        Leta

A new straight-line painting underway...
creativity is essential to my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment