Saturday, June 24, 2023

June 24--Are You Offended?

Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced.  --John Keats

    Nowadays it seems that everyone is offended by someone else's behavior. I am offended by this--it is one of my pet peeves 😉😉
    Truly I am dismayed by freedoms being taken away because someone is offended. Here's the deal--I cannot offend you. You CHOOSE to be offended. That's taking the issue personally, which we know from The Four Agreements (Don Miguel Ruiz) is not a good plan. If you don't like drag shows, don't go. If you don't approve of abortion, don't have one. My religion (or lack of) is none of your business. I could beat this to death, but I'll stop. 
    Let us recognize that being offended or going with "live and let live" are choices we make. "Don't take anything personally" is a much more peaceful way to live. 
        Leta

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment