Monday, June 5, 2023

June 5--Mission Accomplished, They Are Married

And I asked myself about the present: how wide it was, how deep it was, how much was mine to keep.  --Kurt Vonnegut

    The "present" right now is post-celebration letdown and tiredness. The wedding and reception were wonderful. The setting was a country estate with a pond with swans right behind the spot where the couple and minister were standing. The reception, meal, speeches and dance were all great. 
    This morning family members are heading for home, but I'm staying with my niece, and we've got the post-chaos home to tidy up. We have discussed the possibility of both morning and afternoon naps. To our credit, we also talked about a walk at a park. We'll see. 
    Monday!
        Leta
The trail near my niece's home

No comments:

Post a Comment