Tuesday, June 27, 2023

June 27--A Comfy Pace

It takes courage... to endure the sharp pains of self discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives. 
--Marianne Williamson

    I have had, and continue to have, "sharp pains of self discovery." I do believe those are ultimately part of the healing process. I have also had the "dull pain of unconsciousness"--that's what led me into addiction recovery, and I am so grateful for that. 
    I have been doing a lot of garden weeding and tidying this week. I have filled our trash dumpster with the weed population that exploded while I was away. Even though my efforts get thrown away, caring for my little spot on earth, getting sweaty with my hands dirty is good for my soul. A friend reminded me to focus on what I can do rather than what I can't. There was a time when I could spend many hours at a time in the garden. Now I pace myself due to heat and physical limitations. Some jobs take longer, but they get done eventually. 
    Let us pace ourselves and enjoy life, rather than forcing it.
        Leta
 
Colorado beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment