Thursday, June 22, 2023

June 22--Learning Every Day

There is still a lot to learn, and there is always great stuff out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.  --Robin Williams

    I find this quote sadly ironic coming from a dearly-loved man who took his own life. It is "right on."
    A friend introduced me to Therapy Notebooks. I have the Depression and Anxiety Notebooks. I started reading the Depression one a couple days ago, and immediately started crying. Hope, help, and "I'm not alone" was immediately offered. I'm not depressed to the point of immobility. I'd label it a more low-grade now-and-then form. I think I've experienced this for a long time, but have just recently become aware of how long it has been going on. I'm using the Notebook for coping and healing tools. 
    There is a part of me that says "I've been working on myself for decades, and this is where I land, feeling worse than ever!?!?! Why bother!" But I will keep on keeping on, because I don't like to feel this way. I know from my 12-step journey that I am capable of changing. I am hanging onto that "thread" for dear life. 
    Learning more great stuff,
        Leta

Hydrangeas--multiple colors
on the same shrub

No comments:

Post a Comment