Friday, June 2, 2023

June 2--The Little Table

The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.  --Henry Miller

    We needed a small table for our new deck. I found a folding one at an estate sale (divine treasure hunts) a couple years ago. It was bare wood, so I sprayed a few coats of clear acrylic on it to preserve it. That failed. One section broke off due to weathering. Nevertheless, it was the perfect size to hold two beer glasses during happy hour. So last week, I checked my paint leftovers from barn-quilt-painting days, and there was enough to make the table colorful. With several coats of Kilz, paint and polycrylic sealer, it should last a while. 
    The point of this story... I am a much happier human when I am creating something. It is a bonus if it involves lots of color, such as painting. Refinishing the table made me think of a painting I'd like to do. I haven't felt this creative urge in months, and it feels so good. 
    Below is the much-improved little table... I like straight lines 😀
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment