Sunday, June 25, 2023

June 25--Beauty Is Happiness

The measure of your life is the amount of beauty and happiness of which you are aware.  --Agnes Martin

    I'm a lifelong gardener, and I tend to see weeds before beauty. During my recent two-week vacation, wherein we had a lovely amount of rainfall at home, the weeds in my garden went hog-wild. I have taken several tubs of weeds to the trash this week, and I'm still not finished. I am very pleased with the beauty I am leaving behind, for the rain blessed the flowers and herbs with abundant growth, too.
    Let's get light-hearted for a bit. I've written here about the usefulness and need for the human biological function of crying. (See the May 22 post.) I have also mentioned the TV series "Ted Lasso," on which I am totally hooked. Here is my favorite quote from the show so far, spoken by Rebecca Welton to Keeley Jones: 

"Crying is the best, isn't it? It's like an orgasm for the soul."

    May that give you a new perspective next time the tears flow!
        Leta

Three have left the nest, one remains 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment