Tuesday, June 6, 2023

June 6-Adventures with my Brother

Taking in the good, whenever and wherever we find it, gives us new eyes for seeing and living.  --Krista Tippett

    My niece and I lazed through the day after the wedding of her son. We were tired and mostly took it easy, but we did manage a two-mile walk. In the evening, I got her hooked on the TV series "Ted Lasso." 
    This week, while my niece finishes up her year of teaching high school math (she's a saint!), I am hanging with my brother for assorted errands and appointments. He's had health issues, and age has not been kind to him. He likes to tell LOTS of stories. He LOVES Walmart, which I generally avoid like the plague. But as I told him yesterday, "I love you so much, I'll even take you to Walmart." Finding the good--with his health concerns, I always know that this time when I get to be with my brother could be the last one. It's a frightening but true reality. He and I are the only two remaining from our family of origin. He may annoy me, but I want to keep my "new eyes" open to see and live with love, to be patient and kind, and soak in this precious opportunity filled with good. 
    What's the rush?!?!
        Leta
Glorious peonies in my niece's neighborhood

No comments:

Post a Comment