Thursday, June 29, 2023

June 29--Joyful Youngsters

Isn't it wonderful the way the world holds both the deeply serious, and the unexpectedly mirthful?  --Mary Oliver

    I am so grateful that it does! 
    On Tuesday I went to the YMCA to play pickleball. I'd guess that the average age of the folks who randomly show up to play is somewhere in the high-50s or low-60s. I was treated to playing with a 10-year-old boy who came with his parents. He said, "I have been playing since I was 4, but I wasn't very good then." He played very well, was a great sport, and we laughed so much while he was on the court with us. It was so much fun to play with a youngster who is so agile, quick and joyful. 
    Our neighbor girls are promoting an "Odd Job" business for the summer. I am referring to them as "the entrepreneurs." Proving that one does not need fancy advertising to grow a business, I present below their business card. Already I have hired them for a lawn mowing while my husband was away, and they will be watering our flower and herb pots while we are on a short trip. I'm sure I'll find more work for them over the summer. Their parents appreciate the opportunity for them to learn while doing the various jobs, and they oversee the girls to make sure they do the jobs well. It's a win-win for all. 
    May we all find joy in this day,
        Leta

The pencil is for privacy protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment