Tuesday, June 13, 2023

June 13--Honoring Nature

Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road. 
--Jack Kerouac

    Being "on the road" continues to be heavenly. Yesterday was the cloudy/rainy day at the beach. It seems we usually have just one of those. We went for a walk before the rains came, then spent most of the day inside playing Rummikub, taking naps and doing laundry for breaks. In the evening we ventured out for supper at the Greene Turtle. Later we watched the NBA Finals--congratulations to the Denver Nuggets, the new champs. 

    Richard Rohr: "Nature itself is the primary Bible." 
    On Sunday, a group of young folks was near us on the beach. My back was to them, facing the sun. My buds said to a woman who came up behind me, "Thanks for saying something." The youngsters were vacating the beach planning to leave a lot of trash behind, and the woman (an unrelated bystander) strongly encouraged them to clean up after themselves, which they did. Had she not spoken up, they would have left this beautiful section of the beach trashed. We adults discussed the youngsters lack of "fetchins up" (PA term). 
    Do you throw trash around your house or yard expecting someone else to clean it up? I surely hope not, though alas I do see that in some instances around my Wichita neighborhood. It is an insult to our beautiful Mother, and if you go with the Rohr quote above, an insult to the precious Creator. 
    Let us be ever kinder to our Mother,
        Leta

A beautiful sight along yesterday's walk

No comments:

Post a Comment