Wednesday, June 7, 2023

June 7--Walmart Mission Accomplished

In mindfulness one is not only restful and happy, but alert and awake. Meditation is not evasion; it is a serene encounter with reality.  --Thich Nhat Hanh

    I survived Walmart. One has to be alert and awake there. 😉 It was busy, but not overcrowded. My brother is 83. While he did buy a few healthy food items, 3/4 of his purchases were "goodies." I made no comment, because I figure given his age and health issues, he can eat whatever pleases him. No amount of Brussels sprouts are going to cure his ills, so why bug him to eat stuff he doesn't like?!?!!!? 
    We also had an adventure to southern Akron to get his hearing aids serviced. That was smooth, quick and successful. 
    I braved the chilly water for a lap swim at the nearby Wellness Center. Their boiler is not working, and the water keeps getting chillier. I was desperate to swim, so I did it in what they claimed to be 77 degree water. It really wasn't too bad, but the staff at the desk told me that temperature is considerably colder than usual. Therefore, most regulars are not interested in the too-cold water, so I had the entire pool to myself the whole time.  
    I enjoyed driving my niece's lovely Lexus SUV while she was at work. 😎
    No more Walmart for me for many months, I hope!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment