Monday, March 6, 2023

March 6--Middle of the Night Friendship

It's the friends you can call up at 4 A.M. that matter.  --Marlene Dietrich

    I am blessed to have several of that sort of friend. I haven't needed that service lately, but it is comforting to know that the opportunity is there. And I am equally willing to provide that service. If your phone rang with a friend's number at 4 A.M., would you blow it off? I doubt it. 
    With my 83-year-old brother having some health problems, calls from his daughter, my niece, with whom I am very close, can cause some angst. She called a couple days ago, not at 4 A.M., and the first thing I asked was, "Is everything OK!?!?!" She laughed--she was just calling to catch up with me. Whew! 
    Being there for friends is an honor and a privilege.
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment