Saturday, March 18, 2023

March 18--The Shelter of Friendship

Friendship is a sheltering tree.  --Samuel Taylor Coleridge

    I've started paying attention recently to my anger levels (who, me? I don't get angry). I'm realizing that I have a LOT of suppressed anger that is wanting and needing to get out. I am blessed to have sheltering friends who can help me through this, encouraging me to "trust the process." 
    Thank you, Donald Trump, for bringing gaslighting to center stage. Much of my anger realization came about as a result of this article: 35 Common Gaslighting Phrases and How to Respond in Parade Magazine. It's quite enlightening and worth the time to read. I believe I've been subject to gaslighting since the day I was born. I'm just now coming to realize how pervasive it has been in my life. 
    Awareness is the first step.
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment