Thursday, March 23, 2023

March 23--Freely Given

"Why did you do all this for me?" he asked. "I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you."
"You have been my friend," replied Charlotte. "That in itself is a tremendous thing."  --E. B. White in Charlotte's Web

    How many times have friends rescued us just by being friends, just by being there? It's what we do as friends. Friendship is not something we deserve. We create it by being our natural, authentic, open selves. That is a "tremendous thing."
    I'm thinking of things that are simply given to us in life, that we did not do anything to produce--sunrises, sunsets, flowers, rainfall, beaches, mountaintops--all the spectacular wonders of our awesome Mother Earth. Let's be friends with Her. 
        Leta 
A 2000-year-old live oak in FL,
read its story below...


No comments:

Post a Comment