Sunday, March 12, 2023

March 12--Double Blessing

When I count my blessings, I count you twice.  --Irish Proverb

    As I sit and smile over this quote, many folks float through my consciousness. My life is rich with friends and family members who have blessed me in powerful ways. 
    I think of assorted ways that people in my life are blessings:
  • Listen and don't try to fix
  • Always up for a road trip
  • Enjoy meals together
  • Offer a shoulder to cry on
  • Been through that, can help me through
  • Have similar issues
  • Understand grief in its many forms
  • Encourage learning and creativity
  • Laugh with me
  • Send messages of love and support
    Please take a moment and think of someone who blesses your life and count them twice 😉😉 
    It is the people, not things, in our lives that are a wellspring of happiness. I close with this quote from Richard Rohr: "As long as we think happiness is around the corner, it means that we have not grasped happiness yet. Because happiness is given in this moment and this place, and this moment and place are as perfect as they can be."
        Leta

Silly fun at the Barberville
Yard Art Emporium

No comments:

Post a Comment