Tuesday, March 21, 2023

March 21--New Worlds

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.  --Anais Nin

    I love how the Universe brings people together. I have several examples of this quote in action. 
    The first is meeting my husband through mutual friends at the company where we all worked. I grew up in Pennsylvania and he grew up in Missouri. All sorts of wandering, rambling and decisions eventually made our paths cross, and a new world of love, marriage, and family was born.
    Another example is the meeting of my dearest 12-step friend at one of the first meetings I attended. I soon asked her to be my sponsor, and a new world of recovery was born in me. We are best buds to this day, grateful for each other's support through decades of recovery.
    Lastly, there's my world-traveler friend. We met through golf. Who knew during those first few rounds when we were getting to know each other that someday we would literally travel the world together? That's definitely a new world born in each of us. 
    Wait! One more! Our dog Barney--his arrival in our lives birthed a new world of love, joy, movement and laughter. He's an angel. 
    OK, I'm done,
        Leta

Aunt B's Soul Food,
an excellent restaurant in Tupelo, Mississippi, 
discovered on our recent Florida-Georgia trip

No comments:

Post a Comment