Tuesday, March 14, 2023

March 14--Loving Touch

Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend.  --Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

    I would revise the phrase this way: The hand and hug of an old friend. One thing I sorely missed during the pandemic was hugging. Hand-shaking and hugging are such natural behaviors for me that I had to train myself not to automatically reach out to others. I'm not sure that I like the reticence remaining in me relative to extending a greeting. 
    On my recent southeast vacation, I was blessed to spend time with friends that I don't see all that often, maybe a couple times a year. It was so great to be together, and we had a blast. If laughter is the best medicine, we were all medicated to the max. 
    Life is good!
        Leta
Astronomy Picture of the Day, Mar 13
A rainbow is also "the hand of an old friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment