Friday, March 24, 2023

March 24--It's Really Not a Bad Thing

There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self. 
--Edith Wharton

    Think about who that friend is for you. Maybe there is more than one. Let him or her know how much the friendship means to you. 
    Tax season work can get heavy, so I feel like writing about something funny. My husband and I were enjoying beers on the deck last evening before dinner. We started talking about being "anal" about certain things. I had gone to the bank and picked up some cash and the teller put all the bills in proper order. I like that. My husband and I agreed that if the teller doesn't do it, we immediately rearrange it outside in the vehicle. He jokingly said that when they was interviewing prospective programmers at the Eagle, they would give them a pack of Smarties and see what they did with them. If they laid them out and sorted them by color, they were hired on the spot. I busted up laughing because below is the picture I had taken at my lunch time earlier in the day...

Reese's Pieces,
properly arranged 😀
Then he pulled out his money clip (a binder clip), and we both arrange our cash in the same way--ones on the outside, bigger bills inside. I think we were meant for each other. 
    Nerds rule!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment