Wednesday, February 1, 2023

February 1--We are FAMILY!

Remember we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.  --Emily Kimbrough

    Yep, you got it, FAMILY is the theme for February in "Daily Gratitude." I am probably more grateful for my families than for anything else. Likely you are, too. 
    The automated blog editor tells me I ought to change "families" above to "family." Nope. I have families. 
    My family of origin was Mom, Dad, and two brothers who were 16 and 14 years older than me. Yes, I was a "surprise," at least to Dad. To my older brother, I was a wonderful princess to enjoy and show off. To my other brother, I was the bane of his existence. Isn't it a good thing that you don't know how messed up your family is until you get outta there?!!?! Thankfully, there was plenty of love along with all the nuttiness. 
    I consider my greatest accomplishment in life that I created with my husband a strong family including two sons who have matured into loving, responsible adults. This process has been my most potent teacher in life. Family expansion with a daughter-in-law and grandson is "double cream cheese frosting on the carrot cake." 😉😉
    I have a 12-step family that has been with me for decades, and it has been every bit as important and formative to me as my family growing up. Those brothers and sisters know the worst of me and still love and support me. That's true family.
    I also have a golfing family, a former-church family, my MELT/yoga family, and a fine group of assorted friends. 
    Family life is not always smooth, but I'm grateful for every bit of it!
    Goodbye, January! One month closer to spring!
        Leta

Me and a few of my loves on the Miller side

No comments:

Post a Comment