Friday, February 17, 2023

February 17--I'll Take a Good Mother Any Day

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. 
--Jill Churchill

    I like it! I think back when our sons were little, and it was becoming "the thing to do," to send your children to preschool. We did not do that, because my philosophy was, if anyone is going to have fun with my kids, it's going to be me. I was fortunate to be able to work just part-time, and I did have a lot of fun with the kids. No preschool was no detriment to them whatsoever. 
    My sons have made it clear on occasion that they do not think I was a perfect mother. They have made it clear on a multitude of occasions that they think I am a good one.
    I see my son and his wife with their new little boy, and I see the desire to do everything perfectly. There's nothing more crazy-making than perfectionism. It is a great source of freedom to let that go and know that doing one's best, albeit imperfect, is the finest way to move through life. If nothing else, having children will teach one that "perfect" does not exist.
    Ready for a good day,
        Leta
Sweet Barney makes it easy to be
a good doggie mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment