Wednesday, February 8, 2023

February 8--Fine Art

The family is one of nature's masterpieces.  --George Santayana

    Just like any piece of art, there are infinite perspectives and opinions. That's why families so often avoid talking about politics or religion--opinions are so likely to differ. 
    My son, his wife, and our new grandson are so fun to watch together. On our recent visit, when we first held Luca and he would see his mom or dad, the pout appeared and the crying soon followed. But as we hung out around him, he soon got used to us, and he even let me hold and play with him for a half hour. Luca knows where the day-to-day love is--mom and dad. The three of them are a beautiful work of nature!
    My brother appears to be recovering from Covid, and I am so relieved. He and I are the last of the "masterpiece" that was our family of origin. It's a little freaky to ponder being the only one left of a family. 
    Right now, all is well,
        Leta
My big bro and me

No comments:

Post a Comment