Monday, February 20, 2023

February 20--My Soul Is Comforted!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.  --Hodding Carter

    An oft-repeated quote of my own: We raised our children to be independent, and dammit, they are. My retired husband was out to dinner with our younger son recently, and when the check came, our son grabbed it. My husband tried to talk our son into letting him pay, and our son, straight-faced, replied: "You don't even have a job!" Huge laughter ensued, and our son paid the check. 😂 
    Yesterday's drive from Conway, Arkansas to Birmingham, Alabama (just over 400 miles) was easy and in many parts quite lovely. The highlight of our day was lunch at Aunt B's Soul Food in Tupelo, Mississippi. (Mississippi is fun to type, Mississippi!) It was a home-cookin' total comfort meal. I'm in love with any place that makes really good mac 'n' cheese, so I left a piece of my heart at Aunt B's. See photos below. 
    Today's destination is Panama City Beach.
        Leta





No comments:

Post a Comment