Wednesday, February 15, 2023

February 15--FUN!!!

One thing I had learned from watching chimpanzees with their infants is that having a child should be fun.  --Jane Goodall

    LEGOS!!! Isn't that why we have children!?!?? So we can play with Legos!??!?! I have an absurdly huge collection of Legos from when the kids were young and from scores at estate sales. I told my sons that the first one to give me a grandchild gets the Legos, so my older son "wins." I'll let Luca get a bit older before I move on the "wealth." I can hardly wait to build the bricks with him. 
    Reading books, swimming, exploring, shopping, golfing, planting flowers, baking treats, dancing, laughing, sharing meals, talking about life, playing games--these are just a few of the ways to have fun with kids. While empty-nesting has its rewards, the most fun I had in life was when the sons were still at home. 
    How many Legos are too many?
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment