Monday, February 27, 2023

February 27--Moms Rock!

I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.  --Oprah Winfrey

    I hope that has been the case for me. I remember that when our sons were teenagers, they truly thought Mom was out in left field spiritually. Later, in college, they started speaking the ideas I had shared with them earlier back to me like they had just discovered something completely new. Big smile. 
    Savannah, we love you! So much fun! Yesterday we went out of the city to Wormsloe Historical Site and did a one-mile hike that lasted 3.75 miles. The trail signs (colored arrows) and map (no color indications) were poorly marked and we got lost. However, it was a lovely walk with big live oaks, marshlands and birdsong. 
    Later we roamed around City Market and had lunch and shopped. Below are some of the funnies we saw. We capped off our visit with a great spaghetti and meatball dinner at Corleone's. Of course, we finished off the day with card-playing. 
    Today we return to Panama City Beach, starting our trek homeward. 
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment