Saturday, February 11, 2023

February 11--It's a "Must Have"

Call it a clan, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.  --Jane Howard

    My best friend from high school has been begging me for a couple years to come to our 50th reunion this year in Pennsylvania in August. I have never been to a high school reunion and would like to keep that streak intact. And hallelujah, I just learned recently that there is an event in my area that weekend that I need to attend more than the reunion. Whew!
    I would offer that we need more than one, whatever we call it. I've had several church families, and there's my golfing tribe, my MELT/yoga community, and my 12-step clan. That's all in addition to my family of origin, the family I helped to create, and the large tribe of friends collected along the way. Life is rich because of all these connections. I can't imagine life without all the clans, tribes and family!
        Leta

Family fun in MD last summer

No comments:

Post a Comment