Tuesday, January 3, 2023

January 3--More Than Just a Parking Space

My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.  --Indira Gandhi

    I confess that I have used my set of angels too many times for a good parking space. They have let me know very clearly that while they do stellar work in that area, good parking spaces are trivial and boring work for them. 
    I do not consistently remember that I have a set of angels working for me. I slip back into "I have to do it all myself" thinking. If I truly believe I have a personal set of angels, why am I not using them for so much more?!?! What good could I do with infinite willing power at my disposal? Whether my set of angels actually exists or not does not matter. It's my belief in them that accomplishes the work. 
    Noting Gandhi's quote, I'm quite willing to let my set of angels do the work AND take the credit. The challenge is figuring out how I'd like to use them. What do I really want? Healing? Better self-care? More time with my grandson? More travel adventures? Rain? New opportunities? 
    What do you want your set of angels to accomplish for you? 
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment