Monday, January 16, 2023

January 16--Lots of Ideas

Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.  --John Steinbeck

    There is a wonderful bestseller children's book titled "What Do You Do With An Idea?" by Kobi Yamada. Spoiler alert: "You change the world." 
    Yes, ideas multiply like rabbits. Not all ideas are good ones. It takes intuition to know which ones to pursue and which to let float away. I like the 12-step wisdom that suggests that with a decision to make, one waits a day or two to see if the idea gains momentum or flounders due to lack of interest. A wise mentor says that it is OK to say "I don't have my guidance yet" when pressed for a decision. 
    I have worked with folks who are great at coming up with ideas, but not so gifted at implementing them. Implementation has typically been my job. I have great respect for idea-generators and equal respect for those who turn ideas into form. Both are talents any functioning family/business/country needs. 
    Enjoy today's ideas!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment