Sunday, January 22, 2023

January 22--Living in Hope

The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope, running down its hallways, touching the walls on both sides.  --Barbara Kingsolver

    I grew up with a mother who loved to travel and a generous father willing to fund the trips. My dad refused to fly. He said often, "You don't die till your number is up, and I don't want to be up there when the pilot's number is up." So I got to go on the trips with my mom, and that planted in me a lifelong hope for more travel. I've been to a lot of places on our magnificent Mother Earth. Probably the most fun has been pursuing my every-MLB-stadium quest, enabling me to "run down the hallways" of 28 cities with two to go (Astros and Rangers). 
    I've had some folks suggest over the years that certain destinations or travel plans could be dangerous. My two replies are 1) it is bad business to kill tourists, and 2) I lead a charmed life, especially when traveling. 
    This year's hopes for travel include Florida, Georgia, Texas, Ohio, Colorado, England, Wales, and maybe more. 
    Two of my favorite words: ROAD TRIP!
        Leta
Golfing in CO with my sons...
The biggest "hope" I live inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment